The Colonial Pipeline Hack and Cybersecurity: Responding to a Cyber Attack
Tuesday, June 15, 2021 at 12:00 pm PDT, 1:00 pm MDT, 2:00 pm CDT, 3:00 pm EDT for 1.5 hours
Pricing: Member: FREE | Nonmember: $45 | Government: $25 | Nonprofit: $25
On the heels of the SolarWinds and Microsoft Exchange attacks, the energy industry was turned upside down by the ransomware attack on Colonial Pipeline. Ransomware attacks have multiplied exponentially during the pandemic, and pipelines are not the only companies that should be on high alert. The stakes are high in the energy sector because of the downstream environmental concerns, public-safety concerns, and potentially crippling societal effects. The combination of physical disruption of operational technology and the cybersecurity threats on energy and infrastructure companies are much different than the threats to financial institutions or consumer-goods companies. And as governments and companies adapt to cyberthreats and minimize potential exposures, state-sponsored and other hackers for hire seem to stay one step ahead. This webinar will discuss the ever-evolving landscape of cybersecurity for energy and natural-resource companies in the wake of the Colonial Pipeline attack.
Topics to be covered in this webinar include:
• An overview of the Colonial Pipeline ransomware attack and the changes to the cyber landscape that are already in the works.
• The basics of different types of cyberattacks and their implications.
• Guidance on assessing cyber-readiness and preparing for a cyberattack.
• Steps for responding to an attack, including securing operations, investigating and resolving vulnerabilities, and breach-notification requirements.
• Strategies for conducting a post-incident analysis.
• A discussion of the risks companies face and steps to mitigate those risks.
JESSICA LIVINGSTON BLACK, Hogan Lovells, Denver, CO (Program Chair and Moderator)
HEATHER HUGHES, Stroz Friedberg LLC, Houston, TX
KRYSTAL PFLUGER SCOTT, Jones Walker, Houston, TX
EWAEN WOGHIREN, Jones Walker, Houston, TX
1.5 HOURS OF CLE AVAILABLE!