Please join us for RMMLF’s Mining CLE and Reception being held during PDAC. This CLE and Reception will provide attendees two 50-minute CLE presentations along with an opportunity to meet and network with peers who practice in the same area of law.
WHAT'S KEEPING ME UP AT NIGHT: A PANEL OF GENERAL COUNSEL DISCUSS CURRENT LEGAL ISSUES IMPACTING THEIR COMPANIES’ MINING BUSINESS AND OPERATIONS.
Topics to be discussed include:
• Foreign Mining Law Concerns
• Dealing with Political Risk in Developing Countries
• Government Regulation
• Operating in Civil Law vs. Common Law Jurisdictions
• Corporate and Social Responsibility
• ERIK GOLDSILVER, Partner, Borden Ladner Gervais LLP, Toronto, ON
• FRANCESCA LEE, Chief Legal, Risk and Compliance Officer, Newcrest Mining Limited, Melbourne, Australia
• CHRISTOPHER LEMON, General Counsel, Pan American Silver Corp., Vancouver, BC
• NATHAN LONGENECKER, Senior Vice - President, Legal, and General Counsel, Kinross Gold Corporation, Toronto, ON
TRACKING AND TRACING KEY COMMODITIES USING BLOCKCHAIN – GAME CHANGER?
• Using blockchain and distributed ledger technology to track origination and ownership
• Whether the use of blockchain supported platforms can increase transparency
• How it would work in practice
• Key challenges to implementing blockchain and distributed ledger technology
WES CARSON, VP Mining Operations, Wheaton Precious Metals Corporation, Vancouver, BC
Other Panelists to be confirmed
Please join us for our cocktail and networking reception following the program!