Included in the course registration fee (a $145 value)
Landman’s Legal Handbook, Fifth Edition
The essential landman’s reference for over 50 years, the Landman’s Legal Handbook provides detailed guidance on the rules, regulations, procedures, and contracts relating to exploration for and production of oil, gas, and other minerals. The Handbook also includes 32 practical forms landmen use on a regular basis, such as affidavits, subordination documents, and releases; and 16 appendices including essential checklists for coal, oil and gas, hard mineral, and geothermal leases; land measurement units and conversions; and notary block requirements by state. Led by Kent Davis, the Handbook was written and revised by expert landmen and attorneys, and edited by the Foundation.
- Unconventional plays and the legal and operational changes related to such development
- Split estate and surface access issues
- NEPA planning
- Examination of title to unpatented mining claims
- Acquisition of minerals other than oil and gas
- Real property records and instruments
- Agencies and commissions involved in managing mineral development
- Curative work for leasehold estates
- Spacing, pooling, and unitization
“If there is one word to sum up this book, it is “encyclopedic”. . . . the Landman’s Legal Handbook contains information that I haven’t read in any other books, and the depth in which the material is reviewed is fabulous.” Randy Young, http://landmaninsider.com/book-review-landmans-legal-handbook
The book will be provided to each registrant at the course. Published August 2013, Softcover Volume, 450 pages.