It is time to start planning for our 66th Annual Institute in Salt Lake City, July 23-25, 2020. It’s been 56 years since we last held an annual institute in Salt Lake, and the city is abuzz with bars, restaurants, and energy! Now is the time to book your hotel room and take advantage of the Foundation’s discounted rates at Grand America Hotel, a five-star property or for the more value-conscious, Little America right across the street has charm all its own.
So, What Can You Do in Salt Lake City?
- Visit Temple Square’s three-block plaza, with nearly 20 attractions related to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.
- Dig into your family’s history at the Family History Library, the largest genealogy library in the world.
- Join in one of Utah’s biggest holidays on July 24 (the Friday of our conference) - Pioneer Day – with rodeos, concerts, hikes, parades, festivals, and fireworks throughout the weekend.
- Enjoy the Salt Lake Brewery Tour Pass, a self-guided mobile pass that gives you a well-rounded taste of Salt Lake’s craft beer offerings.
- Visit the Utah Museum of Fine Arts, which houses more than 17,000 artifacts from across the globe.
- Check out Red Butte Garden, a popular outdoor center featuring a botanical garden, arboretum, and amphitheater at the base of the Wasatch Mountain Range.
- Family friendly fun abounds with theme parks, and water parks; movie theaters; planetariums; zoos and aquariums, plus excellent spas and salons for tired grown-ups. A Visit Salt Lake Connect Pass is available and includes admission to 16 different family-friendly attractions around town.
- The Natural History Museum of Utah provides visitors with the opportunity to learn about the unique geography, earth science, history, and native cultures of Utah’s past.
- Want to get to the mountains? About 30 miles southeast is Park City, with numerous art galleries and museums, hiking and biking trails, and the Park City Golf Course. Within a few hour’s drive, you can enjoy state and national parks, incredible biking, cycling, and scenic drives.