International Mining and Oil & Gas Law, Development, and Investment
April 20-22, 2015 in Cartagena, Colombia
61st Annual Rocky Mountain Mineral Law Institute
July 16-18, 2015 in Anchorage, Alaska
Mining Agreements: Contracting for Goods, Services, and People
September 22-25, 2015 in Vancouver, British Columbia
International Oil & Gas Law, Contracts & Negotiations
.- Part 1: October 5-9, 2015
.- Part 2: October 12-16, 2015
62nd Annual Rocky Mountain Mineral Law Institute
July 21-23, 2016 in Squaw Valley, California
63rd Annual Rocky Mountain Mineral Law Institute
July 20-22, 2017 in Santa Fe, New Mexico
64th Annual Rocky Mountain Mineral Law Institute
July 19-21, 2018 in Victoria, British Columbia
65th Annual Rocky Mountain Mineral Law Institute
July 18-20, 2019 in Monterey, California
66th Annual Rocky Mountain Mineral Law Institute
July 23-25, 2020 in Salt Lake City, Utah
- Job Posting: Contract Attorney Positions (Denver, CO)
- 2014 Houston Oil and Gas Investment Arbitration Conference, by the Environment, Energy and Natural Resources Center of the University of Houston Law Center. October 31, 2014 in Houston, Texas.
- Idaho Symposium on Energy in the West: Transmission and Transport of Energy in the Western U.S. and Canada - A Law and Policy Road Map to 2050. November 13-14, 2014 in Sun Valley, Idaho.
- Job Posting: Managing Counsel (Houston, TX)
- Job Posting: IBLA Administrative Judge (Arlington, VA)
- Job Posting: ONRR Program Manager (Lakewood, CO)
- Job Posting: Senior Counsel - Marketing (Houston, TX)
- Call for papers:
OGEL Special Issue on emerging issues in Polar Energy Law and Governance.
The Polar areas provide special challenges, opportunities and restrictions regarding the development of energy resources, particularly oil and gas. The potential for enormous untapped energy reserves and the international law challenges of maritime boundaries borders and competing claims of sovereignty will make the Arctic region home to one of the most compelling sets of international legal issues in the 21st Century. The renegotiation of the Madrid Protocol in the Antarctic, which currently prevents mining in the Antarctic regions, combined with similar issues of competing claims of sovereignty, and the overarching Antarctic Treaty Framework means that potential energy resource development Antarctic region will become increasingly controversial and prominent.
Papers should be submitted by 15 March 2015 deadline to email@example.com as well as a copy to firstname.lastname@example.org .
- “Getting the Deal Through” books that were available at our Annual Institute are now being offered as ebooks for iPads. Click here for information and access.
- 2014 Clyde O. Martz Teaching Award: The Trustees of the Rocky Mountain Mineral Law Foundation are pleased to announce that the 2014 recipients of the Clyde O. Martz award for excellence in teaching natural resources law are:
Alastair R. Lucas (University of Calgary) and Jacqueline L. Weaver (University of Houston).
- OGEL Special Issue on the Governance of Unconventional Gas outside the United States of America. The diversity of geography, political context and perspective will provide a good insight into the complexity and diversity of the challenges involved in the governance of unconventional gas.
- Eileen Jones is the new Chief Administrative Judge of the Interior Board of Land Appeals (IBLA). Ms. Jones joined the IBLA on June 2, 2014. She was most recently Chief of NOAA Fisheries Appeals Office, and has also served in federal administrative appeals offices in the Department of Agriculture and Health and Human Services. Ms. Jones holds a JD from Temple University, and an MA and PhD (in Environmental Science, Policy, and Management) from Tulane University.
- Treatise On Wyoming Water Law, authored by Lawrence J. MacDonnell, who has 30 years’ experience as a practitioner and scholar on western water law and recently retired as a professor of law at the University of Wyoming College of Law.
- Landman's Legal Handbook, Fifth Edition - Available in both hard copy and e-book formats.
- Postgraduate Scholarships: The Centre for Energy, Petroleum and Mineral Law & Policy, University of Dundee (CEPMLP/Dundee) is offering up to a maximum of six fully funded postgraduate scholarships leading to the degree Master of Laws (LLM) in Mineral Law and Policy. Scholarships are funded by Rio Tinto plc. The LLM focuses on the law, policy and governance of mineral resources management.
The award will offer successful candidates payment of academic tuition fees, 12 monthly stipends for living expenses for a single student, and an arrival allowance and thesis/assignment allowance. You will find more details on eligibility and information to apply from http://www.dundee.ac.uk/cepmlp/postgraduatestudy/scholarships/#d.en.150755
- The masters degree in Environmental and Natural Resources Law and Policy at the University of Denver Sturm College of Law is proud to announce its specializations in Mining Law and Policy, Energy Law and Policy, and Oil and Gas Law and Policy. We offer one of the most comprehensive Natural Resources and Environmental course work in the nation. Apply online today, and we’ll waive the application fee! There are several scholarships available for the fall.
Indices to Annual Institute Proceedings
Author Index: Volumes
36-49 (1990-2003) ; Volumes 50-59 (2004-13)
Subject Index: Volumes 36-49
(1990-2003) ; Volumes 50-59 (2004-13)
Table of Cases: Volumes 37-49
(1990-2003) ; Volumes 50-59 (2004-13)
- Annual Institute Proceedings Appendices and Supplemental Materials
- Author guidelines for RMMLF Journal